Monday, August 25, 2008

The Beginning

This blog is titled "Medgineer's Corner". As an engineer, I only have the "gineer" part of the title done. So for that reason, and that reason alone ;), I left my job as a software developer and I enrolled in medical school.

Today was the first day, it consisted of a number of housekeeping, orientation lectures. As you can imagine, it was a relatively tame introduction to the profession of medicine. On the bright side, I met a number of interesting people.

The most noteworthy event of the day, strangely enough, involved gender segregation. We were told numerous times that we should not date anyone in our class. Then we were split into small groups (intended to make ice breakers easier). The weird thing was that these groups were either entirely male or entirely female. I guess they are really serious about curbing any potential in-class dating, starting from day 1. I wonder if they will arrange the lecture seating the same way...

No comments: